Rivercast™ App for iPhone and Android!
Concerned about flooding? Or just want to go fishing or boating? Get recent, current, and forecast river levels along with Flood Warnings with Rivercast™ when you need them your phone!
With Rivercast™ you can get:
- Official Flood Warnings & other alerts from the National Weather Service
- River stage height in Feet
- River flow rate in CFS (when available)
- Indications that a river is at or approaching flood stage
- Current observations and recent history
- River level Push Notification alerts (not yet on Android)
- NOAA river forecasts (when available)
- Map interface that shows where river gauges are located geographically
- Search interface to find river gauges by waterway name, state, or NOAA 5 digit station ID
- Interactive graphs that you can zoom in, zoom out, or pan
- Customize your graphs by adding river levels that are relevant to you
- Favorites list for locations you care about the most
- Share your graphs via Message, Email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Widgets to monitor your favorite locations at any time without needing to open the app!
Rivercast™ puts the river level data you need at your fingertips with our intuitive and interactive maps and graphs!
Rivercast is Easy to Use!
Rivercast's map not only shows you where the stations are, but color codes them when it can to give you an indication whether the location is at normal levels, approaching flood levels, or above flood stage.
You can get the latest observations from the map, search, or favorites. With an additional tap of your finger you can get a detailed interactive hydrograph. You can zoom in, zoom out, or pan with your fingers to find the exact information you need. If you "tap and hold" on the graph you can view the crosshair "bubble" text to assist you further.
To customize your graphs for what's important to you, you can add your own level lines to mark things like sandbars, rocks, bridges, safe conditions, or whatever you would like.
And you can add the streams or rivers that you would like to regularly monitor to your Favorites list for easy "at a glance" viewing.
Rivercast™ uses the latest observation and forecast data available, and requires an Internet connection for use.
Favorites, Map "Instant Observations", and Hydrograph data is viewable in feet or cfs (when available).
All observation and forecast data is in your local time (per your device) for your convenience.
A handy tool for boaters, fishermen, property owners, paddlers, scientists, and the curious.
River gauges reported are USA only.
- Where does Rivercast™ get its data?
- This app uses NOAA and AHPS (Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service) for its raw data for our custom graphing and mapping solutions. There are a few locations that are available via other government agencies (including USGS) that are not available via this app.
- Why does Rivercast™ sometimes show slightly different flow data (CFS) than USGS?
- CFS is a calculated estimate derived from stage height. NOAA and USGS estimates may sometimes slightly vary due to using different data models. Variances are usually within a few percent, but can sometimes be larger. Stage height should always be identical between USGS and NOAA. Designated flood stages are based on stage height in feet in the USA.
- Why does Rivercast™ show only observations, but not forecasts, for my river?
- NOAA issues forecasts for many, but not all, rivers it monitors. Sometimes forecasts are only issued seasonally, or during times of flooding or high water.
- My river gauge was there yesterday, but its gone today! What gives?
- River gauges have a hard life. They occasionally have technical problems transmitting their data, or can even get washed out during extreme flooding. NOAA is usually pretty good about fixing them in a few days.
- Can you add location xyz to your app?
- We wish we could! If NOAA is not reporting it, we unfortunately are not able to add it. We include all stations that NOAA provides for public use.
- I can find my location online, why can't I find it in the app?
- There are some gauge locations ran by USGS or other govenment agencies that you may be able to find online or other apps that are not available via Rivercast. NOAA and other government agencies have not yet made all the raw data (required for our custom graphing and mapping solutions) available for all locations. We will add additional gauges if the data becomes available.
- Is it spelled river gauge or river gage?
- Both spellings are in use and considered "correct" The US Geological Survery has standardized on "gage", but most other organizations (including NOAA) have standardized on "gauge". And in case anyone was wondering, "guage" is not a word.
We take our accuracy seriously!
To learn more about Rivercast and river levels, please read our User Guide.
For technical support, comments, or questions, please email us at info@RivercastApp.com.
Download for Free Today!
Copyright 2013 - Juggernaut Technology, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Would you like to know current and recent ocean conditions? Try NOAA Buoy Reports, our app that not only tells you current ocean buoy conditions, but past history up to 45 days!
Are you wiring new systems or rewiring old on your boat, RV, or car? Try WireSizer, our ABYC conforming wire gauge and voltage drop calculator!
Do you ever find yourself walking down a dock, scratching your head wondering, "Who made that boat?" Try HINSearchPlus, our Hull Identification Number lookup and more App!